BLS For Healthcare Providers (BLS) - Classroom Course
Course Intent: To teach resuscitation procedures to healthcare providers for all victims regardless of age.
- Administering excellent CPR on victims of all ages, to include infants
- Providing ventilation using a barrier device
- Providing ventilation using a bag-mask device
- Proper use of automated external defibrillators (AED) on both adults and children
- Identification of and removal of foreign body airway obstructions (FBAO) in both adults and children who may be responsive or unresponsive
- Stroke training for early identification and response
- Importance of the AHA chain of survival, with focus on basic life support elements
- Single-rescuer techniques
- Providing accurate assessments of team interactions and how they affect team basic resuscitation efforts
- New resuscitation science for improving patient outcomes
- Scenarios, including simulations, allowing study of common situations for rescuers, patients, and teams
Course Completion: This course is intended for professional healthcare providers and will result in a Course Completion Card upon finishing.
Cost: $51 – $85
Duration: 3 hour