Friends and Family - Classroom Course
Course Intent: To provide infant, child, and adult CPR, AED, and airway-block response instruction to people without medical experience who wish to learn resuscitation but do not require a certification card. The course is intended for community groups, babysitters, new parents, or anyone else who wishes to learn life saving techniques.
- Recognition of individuals in cardiac distress, cardiac arrest, or with airway blockages
- Proper implementation of adult, hands-only CPR
- Proper implementation of adult and child CPR, including breaths
- Proper infant CPR techniques
- Instruction in proper automatic external defibrillator (AED) use for both adults and children
- Identification and relief of minor airway blocks for adults, children, and infants
- Assessment and relief of major airway blocks for all individuals
- Instruction in team rescues, and identifying one’s performance as part of a team’s success
- American Heart Association’s group-based, practice-while-watching techniques to increase hands-on time for all members of the class
Course Completion: This course is intended for those without prior experience and will not result in a course completion card.
Duration: 2 hours