First Aid CPR- Classroom Course
At this time due to COVID-19 for groups under 5 we are offering American Heart Association BLS Courses which can be found here- https://www.ahaclasses.com/events/bls-class
If you have any other questions please contact us directly at 781-854-8015.
Also groups over 5 people please contact us directly at 781-854-8015
Course Intent: The First Aid course provides cardiac arrest response using an automatic external defibrillator (AED) training to those and high quality CPR. In the course we will review how to use an epinephrine pen, bandaging, administering chest compressions, team dynamics, the heimlich maneuver, and how to administer naloxone. This course will provide students with a two year American Heart Association First Aid Certificate. Typically, this course is ideally suited for security guards, daycare employees, construction workers, restaurants, and hotels.
- CPR for victims of all ages, including infants
- Delegating Team Roles in a medical Emergency
- Scene Safety and Assessment
- Providing Respirations with a Pocket Mask
- Use of AED for both adults and children
First Aid Content :
- Recognition of anaphylactic reactions and how to use an EpiPen
- Instruction in bleeding control, to include bandaging
- Common injuries, including early signs for recognition
- Common illnesses, including signs for recognition
- Illness and injury prevention
- Recognition of and response to foreign body airway obstruction (FBAO) in adults, children and infants
- Proper use of a barrier device for effective ventilation
- Assessment of the individual’s performance as a team member during multi-rescuer resuscitation
- Potential legal issues that may apply to rescuers
Course Completion: This course is intended for non-medical professionals.
Course Duration: 2 hours